Jojoba has been used for thousands of years for alternative health and skin care purposes. Many Native American tribes used jojoba oil to heal wounds and soothe skin problems. Jojoba is widely known for its moisturizing, sun-protecting and nurturing effects, which is why it is widely used in the cosmetic industry. It is a main ingredient in many creams and cosmetic products. Jojoba oil is also used in holistic remedies for the natural treatment of sunburns, eczema and psoriasis.
Below are two fabulous recipes featuring jojoba that can naturally benefit your skincare routine!
Stretch Mark Reducing Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Jojoba Butter
- 1/4 Cup Organic Castor Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Vitamin E Oil
- 10 Drops Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- 1/2 Oz Organic White Beeswax Pellets
- Using the double boiler method melt the Organic Beeswax, Organic Jojoba Butter and Organic Castor Oil all together.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 10 minutes then pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the Vitamin E Oil and Organic Lavender Essential Oil.
- Blend all together for 3-5 minutes until well mixed.
- Transfer to a airtight container for storage.
- Use as needed.
Healing Jojoba Salve
- ½ cup Organic Jojoba Butter
- ½ cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 5-10 Drops Organic Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 35-45 drops Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 Double Boiler or DIY Pot w/ small bowl system
- 1 Mixer or Spoon/Fork
- 1 Clean Container – Wide enough for your Hand to reach in
- Start melting the Organic Jojoba Butter. Melt the Organic Jojoba over low heat in a double boiler (pot of warm/hot water then a small pot or heat safe bowl with the Jojoba Butter in it placed over/in the warm/hot water)
- Add the Organic Coconut Oil to melt in and mix with the melting Jojoba Butter.
- Mix in the Organic Honey, it should also melt in with the mixture.
- Once those ingredients are mixed and fully liquefied add the 35-45 drops of Organic Lavender Oil & 5-10 drops of Organic Tea Tree Oil and stir to blend in.
- Once you feel it is all mixed, let it cool and when it starts to thicken a bit use your mixer to blend and almost froth the ingredients, this should take 7 to 10 minutes of mixing.
- Wait ten minutes and then mix again. Repeat this step every 10 minutes until it is the consistency you like and then transfer the balm to your clean container.